A different question



I bet you think I’m going to ask you the usual "half empty or half full" question about this glass of water, right?
Instead, suppose I inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

8 oz.? 20 oz.? A pound?

Well, the fact is, the absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.

The stresses and worries in life (and grudges) are like that glass of water. Think about them for a minute and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.
So, we need to remember to put the glass down. Thanksgiving can be a time of both letting go and picking up. Why not take this opportunity to put down and let go of a troubling memory, upsetting dispute or fault. We also can pick up more understanding, develop more clarity and experience more gratefulness.

The longer we focus on what is truly important the more we feel relief, gratefulness and joy today.

Happy Thanksgiving!        

By the way, if you find this holiday season that your home isn't all that well suited for how you would like to entertain, you could "volunteer" to help a family member do it at THEIR house, or better yet, I would be glad to help you find you a great new home that suits you to a "T" (T for turkey?). You can get started at my web site.

Thanks!





JIM AT THE TOP
Jim Pedicord RE MAX  Top Realty
http://jimatthetop.com
jimpedicord@remax.net


281-610-7847 Cell
713-558-2537 Direct
713-773-3700 x 2537 Office  
713-773-3311 Fax
2911 S. Sam Houston Pkwy. E.   Houston, TX 77047

(And thanks to Anna Babineaux for sending me the foundation for this item.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOME PLUMBING SYSTEM INNOVATION

Life will never be the same